How to withdraw

It is important to note that a debt counsellor does not have statutory powers to terminate or allow you to withdraw from the debt review process. The consumer has to go to court to obtain this. You must approach the court to rescind the order or to apply for an order that declares that you are no longer over-indebted. Upon receipt of such an order, a debt counsellor will notify the credit providers of the withdrawal with a document called Form 17.W.